Last night we made pizza on the grill. I have to post about it because it turned out so good I will never make it in the oven again. The crust was thin, crispy and tasted like brick oven pizza from an Italian restaurant!
I received a mini pizza grilling set from Sur La Table for my birthday (thanks mom:) ). It comes with two stones and two domes. We used pre-made whole wheat pizza dough, but I definitely want to make my own next time.
- Put the stones in a cold grill and heat to 450 degrees
- Roll out your dough on a surface dusted with cornmeal
- Dust hot stones with cornmeal and place assembled pizza on top with a pizza peel or thin metal spatula
- Cover with dome to prevent from burning and infuse flavor into your pizza
- Depending on the thickness of the crust pizza will take anywhere from 7 to 12 mins to cook
- While that pizza cools, place your next batch on the grill